Good news ladies and gentlemen – look at what has arrived in our inboxes! An invite to a Google Android event on the 29th of October! While it has not been stated explicitly, we wouldn’t be surprised if this was an event that would announce the next-gen Nexus handset. The event will be held at 10AM at Basketball City in New York and based on the image of the invite, it seems that this might have something to do with Google Now, Google’s intelligent personal assistant.
For those who have not had the time to follow the rumors, word on the street has it that LG could be the manufacturer for Google’s next Nexus handset. So far various leaks have revealed the alleged device in all of its glory, and one foreign website has even done a partial review on it! On the flipside there is also a chance that the LG Nexus 4 might not be the only Nexus handset this year, as back in August there were reports that suggested that other manufacturers – LG, Samsung and Sony – could be debuting Nexus handsets as well. That and the tagline that reads, “The playground is open” certainly plays to the rumor. We’ll try not to over speculate but we will keep our eyes peeled nonetheless, so be sure to check back with us on the 29th of October for the details!
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-03-09: Android SDK For Wearables Coming In Two Weeks
- 2013-10-29: Nexus 4 Could Still Be Sold After Nexus 5 Launch
- 2013-09-17: Nexus 4 No Longer Being Sold In The U.S. [Report]
- 2013-05-28: LG/Google Nexus 4 White Photo Gallery
- 2012-10-29: Android 4.2 Preview with the Google Nexus 4