Well, here we have it, right from the horse’s mouth – Grand Theft Auto V (otherwise referred to as GTA 5) will be released on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 worldwide when spring 2013 rolls around, according to Rockstar Games. Sometime in the middle of this month, an analyst did mention the possibility of an early 2013 rollout, and it is nice to hear Rockstar Games confirm such speculation. This announcement came about ahead of parent company Take-Two Interactive’s proposed fiscal Q2 2013 earnings call, and since Hurricane Sandy decided to make a mess out of things, the earnings call which was due to happen in New York City was called off.
Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser said, “Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we’ve learned about open world game design. We can’t wait to share it with fans.” I am quite sure that the fans share a similar sentiment, too, and would want to explore new worlds, ride new vehicles and shoot down all those in their path of, er, city domination?
Next Story: Windows Phone 8 SDK Released at BUILD
- 2014-04-16: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission