When it comes to protecting ourselves on the streets, there are a variety of options available, such as whistles aimed to draw attention to ourselves, pepper spray, tasers and etc. However if you don’t want to carry an additional item with you while on the go, perhaps due to the lack of space in your pocket or handbag, then this Coyote case for your iPhone might be of interest to you, as not only will it protect your phone from drops and scratches, but it could also protect you by emitting a 100dB siren that will hopefully freak the other person out, and draw attention to you which could help scare away the attacker.
At the same time the case can be customized to send out a text message along with your location which we guess will come in handy in dire situations. Both the alarm and the text messages are activated by pressing buttons on the case, but this can be customized further as the case will allow the user to define whether pressing the button will emit the siren and/or send a text, or if it will require the pressing of both buttons which we’re guess will help to prevent accidental use. It is expected to be priced at $60 and it is currently an Indiegogo project, so if you’d like to help make the Coyote Case a reality, head on over to its Indiegogo page for the details.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-03-04: Lifesaver iPhone Case Will Attempt To Save Your Life
- 2013-07-02: SENSE+ iPhone Dock Comes With Built-In Smoke Detector
- 2012-11-30: The popSLATE iPhone case adds a secondary e-ink display at the back
- 2012-10-19: The ReadyCase for the iPhone does more than just protect your device