Remember last week we reported that due to China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA mode, their version of the Nokia Lumia 920 would be more powerful? While we’re not sure if this could be due to the slightly more superior specs, or the changes that Microsoft introduced with Windows Phone 8 or its more affordable price tag (when compared to higher-end phones like the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5), it seems that Amazon China has managed to sell out their stock of the Lumia 920T (China’s version of the Lumia 920) in about 30 minutes! That’s pretty impressive and those are the sort of reactions that one might expect from Apple or Samsung, so we have to admit that it looks like Nokia is off to a great start as far as the Chinese market is concerned.
For those who might have missed the news, China’s version of the Lumia 920 will feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset, while its US counterpart will only use the S4 Plus chipset. This is apparently due to the S4 Pro being the only chipset compatible with China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA standard. The Lumia 920T will also introduce a more powerful GPU, the Adreno 320 versus the Adreno 225 on the regular Lumia 920.
Next Story: Samsung ATIV Odyssey press rendering leaked
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility