Here is the latest on the grapevine – it seems as though AT&T will be making available the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the HTC One X+ and the HTC One VX, as both smartphones seem scheduled for a release in the US later this Friday – which is November 16th. Of course, not everyone thinks that the HTC One X+ is the bee’s knees as it has not managed to ensure the HTC One X series is brought up to a whole new level, but at least it does fix some of the original One X’s shortcomings – mainly be noticeably faster compared to its predecessor. As for the mid-range HTC One VX, this is not as impressive, but it still packs quite a punch where hardware specifications are concerned, and to hear that it will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is definitely a boon.
The AT&T will sell the HTC One X+ for approximately $200 with a new 2-year contract, and the HTC One VX will be sold for a whole lot less – we are talking about approximately $50 on-contract. Anyone interested in picking up either one of the phones now that your contract is about to expire?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2012-10-04 HTC Windows Phone 8X arrives on AT&T this November, HTC One X+, HTC One VX in tow
- 2012-10-03 HTC One X+, One VX and Windows Phone 8X will be headed AT&T's way
- 2012-07-30 HTC One X on AT&T drops to $99
- 2012-07-27 AT&T's HTC One X rumored to have its price reduced to $99