Barely two weeks after confirming its BlackBerry 10 launch on the 30th of January, Research In Motion is now alluding that more than 50 of its carrier partners around the world are implementing the integration of carrier billing on its BlackBerry App World. Today’s announcement, which is expected to benefit carriers, developers, and customers, marks a significant milestone for the BlackBerry maker. The move will allow BlackBerry customers to purchase apps or digital goods on their BlackBerry smartphone, and simply and conveniently have the purchases put directly on their regular monthly bill from their carrier.
And since it is integrated with RIM’s BlackBerry Payment Service, developers as well as content providers can now offer in-app purchases and subscriptions seamlessly without the any interruptions. Apparently RIM’s decision came after a data revealed how app purchases increased when carrier billing was offered, with the average carrier revenues from apps rising between 100 percent to 300 percent. “We’re delighted to announce that over 50 of our carrier partners are now offering integrated carrier billing to customers on BlackBerry App World. We remain committed to developing innovative ways to support our carrier partners, while providing a platform that benefits the whole mobile ecosystem,” said Ronjon Nag, Vice President for RIM’s BlackBerry App World.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-28: White BlackBerry 10 Z10 Pictures Leak Online