When Borderlands 2 was released, no doubt many fans of the franchise were disappointed that it was not released for Mac (available only for PC and gaming consoles). Well the good news is that two months after its release, it seems that Borderlands 2 will be making its way onto Macs! This is pretty good news given the game’s popularity – that and the fact that it only took two months for a Mac release as Mac gamers usually have to wait much longer before seeing a game releasing for the platform.
Borderlands 2 for Mac will be released in about two weeks’ time and it will be available either via Steam or Aspyr’s GameAgent for $60, but ultimately it is expected to also be made available via the Mac App Store. Even more good news is that multiplayer will be cross-platform, so Mac gamers will get to play alongside their friends on the PC. According to the system requirements for Mac, gamers will need an Intel quad-core CPU clocked at 2.4GHz, 4GB of RAM and a video card with a VRAM of 512MB. Aspyr has also listed a handful GPUs that will not be supported, which includes the ATI Radeon HD 2000 series, NVIDIA 8600m, and the NVIDA 9400m and 9600m.
- 2013-12-10 Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-10-16 Borderlands 2 Gets In The Halloween Spirit With New DLC On Oct. 22
- 2013-08-28 Borderlands 2 Game Of The Year Edition Confirmed For October 8 Release
- 2013-06-25 Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- 2013-06-24 NECA Debuts Borderlands 2 'Handsome Jack', 'Psycho Bandit' Masks