The folks behind the hugely successful Halo series on the Xbox platform from Microsoft (save for the latest Halo 4 which was done by 343 Industries), Bungie, has just released an official screenshot of their upcoming game, where rumors have said it will be called Destiny. The screenshot was posted on Bungie’s official site, and this arrived as a response to a leaked marketing document which was reportedly leaked to to IGN by a reader, who then released some details on the story arc as well as concept art. I like this kind of thinking – you just combat leaks in a game with official information, and folks would flock to the official site.
IGN claims that Bungie did confirm the authenticity of the document, where it was prepared by an advertising agency, and it delivered authentic details which surround the game’s plot. Bungie mentioned, “We weren’t quite ready, but we will be soon, and we can’t wait to finally show you what we’ve really been up to.Stick around, we haven’t even started yet.”
Destiny is said to be a fun and accessible game, where it sports a “deep, tangible and relatable” universe which, in their words, is comparable to the Star Wars franchise. Hmmm, that is a pretty high calling, don’t you think so?
- 2014-02-07: Destiny Public Beta To Launch This Summer
- 2013-12-09: New Destiny Trailer Shows Off More Enemies, Guns And Vehicles
- 2013-12-09: Bungie's Destiny Pegged For September 2014 Release
- 2013-11-15: Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- 2013-10-02: Halo 3 Is Free For Xbox 360 Gold Members On October 16
- 2013-10-02: New Destiny Gameplay Trailer Takes Us On A Trip To Earth's Moon