Last week we reported that after Apple and HTC managed to arrive at a settlement agreement, effectively ending the patent war between both companies, Samsung stepped in and requested that they be allowed to look at the settlement. Apparently some of the patents covered by the Apple-HTC agreement might have something to do with the ongoing lawsuit with Samsung, and if some of the patents Apple licensed out are covered in the Samsung-Apple lawsuit, it could undermine Apple’s claims of “irreparable harm”.
Well it looks like Samsung might have gotten their wish as a court in California has ordered Apple to produce the agreement without delay. Of course it’s safe to say that this agreement is extremely confidential in nature and they will only be allowed to be viewed by Samsung’s attorneys. We’re not sure what Samsung will find in the agreement that they can use against Apple, but hopefully the peace made between Apple and HTC will not aggravate the situation with Apple and Samsung.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2013-10-24: Samsung Fined NT$10 Million Over Smear Campaign Against HTC
- 2012-09-13: HTC and Samsung already taking legal action against Apple's iPhone 5