(Those reading this may copy and paste this text on their Facebook walls. This will place them under protection of copyright laws. By the present communiqué, I hereby notify Facebook that it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate, or take any other action against me on the basis of this profile and/or its contents. The aforementioned prohibited actions also apply to employees, students, agents, and/or any staff under Facebook’s direction or control. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of my privacy is punishable by law (UCC 1 1-308-308 1-103 and the Rome Statute).
Facebook is now an open capital entity. All members are recommended to publish a notice like this, or if you prefer, then you may copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once, you will be allowing tacitly the use of elements such as your photos, as well as the information contained in your profile status updates”
I’m not sure if this is a “hoax” in the sense that it was intentionally written to be misleading, or if it is just a mistake that has gone viral, but in the end, it just doesn’t help and simply clutters your friends’ news feed.
Since then, Facebook has issued a statement:
“We have noticed a recent status update that is being widely shared implying the ownership of your Facebook content has recently changed. This is not true and has never been the case. Facebook does not own your data and content. Please see our Terms of Service for more information”
Next Story: LG Kids Pad Hits South Korea
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-01-21: Facebook News Feed Favors Friends & Pages Vs. Memes
- 2013-03-01: Facebook Tests New Timeline Designs, 'Like Page' Button
- 2013-01-15: Facebook Graph Search: A Great Strategic Move
- 2012-10-26: 1M Facebook User Emails Allegedly Purchased For... $5
- 2012-06-28: Facebook Pages Management Improvements