When the iPhone 5 was revealed, Apple confirmed that they would not be releasing an official dock accessory for the phone which left the door wide open to third-party manufacturers to fill that gap. Now if you’re in the market for a dock for your iPhone 5 with no fuss or muss, you might be pleased to learn that Gear4 has since released the rather aptly named Lightning Dock. Like we said earlier, this is a dock that’s pretty much, well, a dock! It doesn’t offer you anything more like speaker attachments, funky lights, sound enhancements or even home automation, which we guess will cater to those who just want a dock to charge their iPhone 5s.
The connector will pivot which supposedly will allow for attaching and removal, and thanks to the design of the dock, it leans ever so slightly backwards, so you will still be able to comfortably look at your iPhone’s screen while it is plugged in. It sports a hole in the back which connects to a microUSB cable which we assume many of you guys should have lying around. If Gear4’s Lightning Dock appeals to you, you will be able to pick one up for yourself via its website for around $40.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger