Motorola is starting to ramp up the delivery of its Developer Editions of new smarpthones, with the Motorola Atrix HD Developer Edition being the first of them. To put it in a nutshell for developers, this means you are able to select a device from Motorola’s latest smartphone offerings which will arrive with an unlockable bootloader, allowing you to install custom firmware as well as make the kind of changes which you see as necessary. We do know that Developer Editions of the Droid RAZR M and Droid RAZR HD are already readily available, so it is time for the Motorola Atrix HD Developer Edition to step up to the plate.
There will be, of course, a fair share of caveats to take note of. You will be unable to take advantage of any carrier subsidies on Motorola’s Developer Edition phones, and the most affordable option right now is a $549.99 RAZR M. No idea on how much the unlockable Atrix HD has been priced though. The other thing is this – unlocking the bootloaders on these devices will void your warranty in the process, which is a bummer – don’t you think so?
Next Story: LittleBigPlanet Karting hits the deck
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case