We know that Rockstar’s upcoming Grand Theft Auto 5 will be released for both the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, but what about Nintendo’s recently launched Wii U? Will they be getting any GTA love in the future? While that remains to be seen, it is good to know that both Rockstar and Nintendo are open to the idea at the very least. In a recent interview with MTV Multiplayer, Nintendo USA’s Reggie Fils-Aime was quoted as saying that Rockstar has made some nice public comments about their console, and that Nintendo’s goal is to provide developers with the help they need in order to bring their “best content” onto their platform.
On Rockstar’s end, head writer Dan Houser was quoted in an interview with IGN as saying that the Wii U was not barred from consideration, and that Rockstar will be following good business opportunities when they present themselves. Of course neither of these comments confirms that GTA 5 will be available for the Wii U, but it’s good to know that they haven’t closed any doors.
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed
- 2014-02-27: Fable Creator Calls The Wii U Awkward And Clumsy