As some of you guys are aware by now, the Nokia Lumia 920 is selling pretty well, with the phone topping Amazon’s Best Seller charts and such, and given that this is Nokia’s flagship device, we guess the Finnish company is trying to do everything they can to make it a success, so much so that they have responded to an irate customer by sending him some extra goodies to make up for the frustration. Basically what happened was a customer placed his pre-order for the Lumia 920 on Best Buy but the phone was shown as “Backordered” up until this weekend.
Attempts to reach out to Best Buy failed and he was given the run around, so he finally reached out to Nokia’s CEO, Stephen Elop, hoping that he would do something about it. Surprisingly Elop replied his email by saying his team would be looking into the issue. As it turns out, Best Buy cancelled both his first and second order although we’re not sure why. Nokia’s head of marketing Matt Rothschild then gave him a call informing him that they were sending him his phone along with a few goodies – we’re not sure what exactly is in the package but according to his UPS tracking information, the package being sent over weighs about 9lbs, and as heavy as the Lumia 920 is, we’re pretty sure it’s not 9lbs!
Next Story: New York Phone Booths Turned Into Info Hubs
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-01-30: Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13: Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29: Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11: AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-09-30: AT&T's Lumia 920 Amber Update Will Arrive In The Coming Weeks