When Siri was originally introduced, it showed a lot of promise but upon its release and based on the majority of opinions echoed throughout the internet, Siri certainly did not live up to its promise. On the flipside it seems that Google’s voice search is capable of doing a much better job than Siri, but since it’s a Google product, we doubt it will be making its way onto iOS any time soon. Well the good news is that if you own a jailbroken iOS device or don’t mind jailbreaking your iPhone, then you might be interested to learn that thanks to a jailbreak tweak called NowNow, you will be able to install Google’s voice search.
There is a caveat which is that you will need the Google search app installed on your iPhone, and it should also be noted that since this isn’t an official integration, there are certain things that Google’s voice search can’t do, such as launch apps, create reminders and etc. Launching Google voice search is basically done the same way as launching Siri, which is to press and hold down on the home button. If this sounds like something you’d love to have on your iPhone, the tweak can be downloaded via the BigBoss repository in Cydia.
- 2014-04-09 CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-03 Apple Acquires Novauris Technologies To Help Improve Siri
- 2014-03-26 Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23 iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10 Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05 iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2011-12-05 H1Siri is illegal and might break your iPhone