What you see above could very well be the sequel to last year’s Samsung Stratosphere, the first LTE capable sliding QWERTY smartphone from Verizon Wireless. Retailing for $149.99 a pop with a new 2-year contract, it is clearly a mid-range smartphone from the beginning, and needless to say, it is about time for a sequel to hit the market. Since August, we have seen specifications for the Samsung Stratosphere 2 bandied about the Internet in the form of rumors, and it does seem as though the Samsung Stratosphere 2 is going to rankle among the mid-range device markets once again.
Evleaks are the folks behind the latest Samsung Stratosphere 2 image leaks, where an image tweeted shows more of the side-sliding QWERTY smartphone. It does seem to come with a slightly larger display, not to mention the almost certain possibility of a faster processor and perhaps an improved camera sensor, but other than that, it is not going to challenge the likes of the Galaxy S3 or the HTC One X+.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch