What you see above could very well be the sequel to last year’s Samsung Stratosphere, the first LTE capable sliding QWERTY smartphone from Verizon Wireless. Retailing for $149.99 a pop with a new 2-year contract, it is clearly a mid-range smartphone from the beginning, and needless to say, it is about time for a sequel to hit the market. Since August, we have seen specifications for the Samsung Stratosphere 2 bandied about the Internet in the form of rumors, and it does seem as though the Samsung Stratosphere 2 is going to rankle among the mid-range device markets once again.
Evleaks are the folks behind the latest Samsung Stratosphere 2 image leaks, where an image tweeted shows more of the side-sliding QWERTY smartphone. It does seem to come with a slightly larger display, not to mention the almost certain possibility of a faster processor and perhaps an improved camera sensor, but other than that, it is not going to challenge the likes of the Galaxy S3 or the HTC One X+.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store