A few days ago we reported on a mysterious HTC handset spotted in benchmarks by the name of “Operaul”. As it turns out, the name could actually be “Opera UL” and according to Pocket-lint’s sources in Taiwan, this handset is an “OEM product” for Facebook. As some of you guys might remember, there were rumors that suggested that Facebook could be looking at making another smartphone. Previously there have been attempts by HTC to make a Facebook phone (i.e. the HTC ChaCha) but it did not turn out so well, so we’re not sure how this attempt will go.
However if you were looking forward to seeing the HTC Opera UL made a reality, their source has indicated to them that the device has been delayed, although no specific reasons were given. Whether or not it really is the Facebook phone, it seems that we can expect to find a 1.4GHz processor (not sure if it’s a dual-core or quad-core), a Qualcomm Adreno 305 GPU, a HD display with a resolution of 1280×720 and it should run on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. We suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now, because it was back in September that Mark Zuckerberg stated that a Facebook phone did not make any sense, so why the sudden change of heart?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-05-08: HTC First 'Facebook Phone' Now Just $0.99 On Contract
- 2013-04-12: HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99
- 2013-04-04: HTC First Running Facebook Home Demo [HD video]
- 2013-04-04: HTC First Officially Announced
- 2013-04-02: HTC First, Alleged Facebook Phone Image Leaked