We’re sure that you guys have heard of edible underwear before, but an edible iPhone case? The folks at ThinkGeek did come up with something similar a while back although it turned out to be an April Fools’ joke, but it looks like some enterprising person in Japan took the idea and ran with it, which resulted in Survival Senbei iPhone 5 Case, and “senbei” for those unfamiliar refers to a Japanese snack which are a type of rice cracker. According to the folks at RocketNews24, the case has been described as being, “made entirely from Japanese brown rice and salt, baked into a crispy golden-brown senbei rice cracker that fits snugly around your iPhone 5.”
The case itself will cost you around $48 after conversion which we think could be spent on a nice and proper meal for yourself, but perhaps some people don’t mind paying for the novelty. It does not seem like this Survival Senbei iPhone 5 Case will be available outside of Japan, but if you really want to get your hands on it, we guess you will find a way! If you’d like to check out its product page, you can head on over to their website for the details, although it should be noted that it’s written entirely in Japanese.
[Image credit – Entabe.jp]
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger