Most of us would like our phones to run on a lean and mean manner – and this would mean having as little bloatware as possible, especially when your device is tied down to a carrier with a 2-year contract. Well, most of the apps would not come across as something that you need, but for sure there is no denying the fact that Bing Translator on Windows Phone 8 would come across as pretty useful. While the app itself rolled out on Windows Phone 7 a while ago, it was one of the more popular apps due to its slick operation and advanced features, and has carried a similar reputation with the new update to play nice with Windows Phone 8 devices.
This new version allows you to initiate the augmented translation mode through the use of the new lenses feature. Not only do you have options to translate text by using just the keyboard input, but you can also speak straight into the app itself, receiving speech to text translation. Apart from that, you can download full offline translation packs for the following languages – Simplified Chinese, English, French, German and Italian, making them ideal to have on your device before you step on that plane. It will also help you save a chunk of dough off data roaming fees, too.
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-08: Bing Flight Price Predictor Shuts Down
- 2014-03-25: Windows Phone 8.1 Could Let Developers Reply To App Reviews
- 2014-01-27: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Windows Phone 8 Launched At Last
- 2014-01-10: Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices
- 2013-08-07: Bing Apps On Windows Phone Now Available