The Asus PadFone 2 was first announced in October earlier this year, before making an appearance at worldwide markets shortly after that. Well, when the Asus PadFone 2 first hit the decks, it came with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich right out of the box, where of course one of the many questions that folks ask is this – would there ever be an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update in the works? Good to know that the answer is in the affirmative, as Asus had already begun to roll out an Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update to PadFone 2.
It seems that this update will be done OTA (Over The Air), meaning you will have to download it directly over to the PadFone 2. Just to recap on what the Asus PadFone 2 is able to deliver in terms of hardware specifications, we are looking at a 4.7” Super IPS+ HD display, LTE connectivity, dual band Wi-Fi support, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor, a 13-megapixel rear camera, a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, 2GB RAM, a choice of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB of internal memory, and a 2,140 mAh battery. Image courtesy of Engadget.
Next Story: LG L-Series Sold 10 Million Units To Date
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-04-21: Asus MeMo Pad Gets Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-01-13: ASUS MeMO Pad Launched [Official]
- 2012-12-17: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Android 4.2.1 ROM Released By XDA
- 2012-10-19: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the ASUS PadFone 2 expected by November
- 2012-10-16: ASUS PadFone 2 official specs and images