Late last month, we did confirm that BBM Video will be making a debut in the BlackBerry 10 operating system, thanks to the appearance of a folder known as “bbm_vieo” on the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha phone. Well, this time around, we have an internal RIM document to thank for confirming the existence of this particular feature on BlackBerry 10. Said document even shows off just how the feature would work in real life, where using BBM, a chat session between two contacts can be switched over to BBM Video in a jiffy. Following that, pushing a button is a snap to share a spreadsheet or presentation.
The documents point towards the setting up of BBM Video with the phone owner’s image located on the bottom left of the display, while there is a giant image of the other party in the conversation which fills up most of the display. BBM Video will launch after RIM begins to offer BBM Voice. We cannot wait for the end of January 2013 to see what other tricks does RIM have up their sleeves to revive the BlackBerry brand.
- 2014-04-16: Dual Lens SDK For HTC One M8 Released
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility