Instagram had quite the day yesterday as it first updated its terms of service to make it so it can sell your photos without compensating you, then trying to put the flames on the Internet out by updating its ToS to help its users understand what it meant.
The day is one Instagram wishes it could take back as countless users have been deleting their accounts with big-name celebrities even throwing in their Instagram account into the mix. With thousands, maybe millions, of ex-Instagram users looking for an alternative, Flickr has announced some updates to its iPhone application that will make those users right at home.
Flickr now allows you to search for Facebook and Twitter friends within its iPhone application as well as receiving notifications when Facebook friends join the service. The update also gives users the ability to receive notifications when someone comments on a photo you’re tagged in. Its previous update, which was released last week, brought a number of image filters to the service, making it more Instagram-ish.
Yahoo has said these improvements are based off feedback they’ve received from users, which is how a photo-sharing social media platform should act instead of violently shaking its beehive of a social media platform with ToS updates.
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-14 Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02 Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration