Google has announced that GMail 2.0 for iOS phones and tablets is available in the app store. The new version brings a new user interface that looks very clean and almost minimalist. The second must-see features is the ability to use multiple GMail account and quickly switch from one to the other.
Of course, there are also many other changes. For example, profile pictures have appeared and are used whenever possible, search prediction has been added to accelerate email search by a few taps and it is possible to instantly respond to Google Calendar event invitations from GMail 2.0.
Overall, this seems to be a good upgrade, and I’m really glad to see Google improving the visual design of the GMail app. Although Google does not say, we wonder if the Sparrow team had something to do with this. Sparrow was an email client app that was acquired by Google on July 20.RELATED
- Apple Thinks Samsung Should Foot Some Of Their Legal Bill
- Southwest Airlines Offer $2 iMessaging Service For iOS Users
- Apple TV Bloomberg App Brings 24 Hour Live News Stream
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Follow: Google, iOS, iPad, iPhone,