Halo 4 may not have shared the success Call of Duty: Black Ops II has, especially when you consider the game is exclusive to the Xbox 360. But the series itself has had quite the run as Microsoft announced today 50m units of the entire Halo series have been sold.
Halo debuted on the Xbox back in 2001 and since then has received regular updates all the way to this year’s Halo 4, which earned $220 million in its first 24 hours. Before today’s announcement, the Halo series had sold a total of 46 million units, which leads us to assume Halo 4 has sold a total of 4 million units.
Halo’s popularity has earned an inevitable sequel from Halo 4′s developer, 343 Industries, which the team is currently working on its early development. Aside from the sequel, 343 Industries is currently debating whether or not to deliver a second season of Spartan Ops, which is a game mode that tells a completely different story from the campaign and encourages co-op play.RELATED
- Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Collector’s Edition Now Available
- Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- The Elder Scrolls Online Launches On PC, Mac On April 4, 2014
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Follow: halo, halo 4, Microsoft, xbox 360,