Hmmm, it did not take too long for the viperboy to take a look at the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update that was released for the HTC EVO 4G LTE before tinkering with it, and as a result of his modifications and programming wizardry, he has managed to roll out two flashable stock, rooted Jelly Bean ROMs in bot odex and deodex flavors. Needless to say, there are changes made to it compared to the stock Jelly Bean ROM, including the installation of SuperSU that enables the system to be mounted R/W, while introducing init.d support alongside BusyBox. Apart from that, most of the other stuff remained the same.
Folks who have already rooted your HTC EVO 4G LTE would do well to know that this is the fastest method to obtain and experience stock Jelly Bean. As with any other ROM releases by enthusiasts, there would be some bugs or glitches to look out for, and so far the known bugs specific to the viperboy distro include a wiper application force closing, while some folks have reported that the proximity sensor no longer works properly in the process of a call. Anyone willing to give it a go?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-12-30: Android 4.3 For HTC EVO 4G LTE To Arrive Mid-February
- 2013-01-31: HTC EVO 4G LTE Gets OTA Update, No Android 4.2 In Sight
- 2012-12-13: HTC EVO 4G LTE gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
- 2012-07-04: White EVO 4G LTE arriving on July 15th?
- 2012-06-25: White Sprint Evo 4G LTE rumors proven?