For years now, Microsoft has been extending its more popular first-party applications to other platforms such as iOS and Android, but one first-party application that has alluded going cross-platform has been its Microsoft Office suite of applications. We’ve been hearing rumors of its existence and inevitable release for several months now, but a recent leaked document may have finally hit the nail on the head in regards to Microsoft Office making the jump to additional platforms.
According to Mac4ever, a number of references to Microsoft Office products have been making their way into Microsoft’s support site. “Office Mobile for iPhone,” “Excel for iPad” and “PowerPoint for iPad” can all be seen within support documents on Microsoft’s support site.
Was the inclusion of these possible applications made in error, or is Microsoft planning to finally release its Office to other platforms, specifically the iOS platform? We have reached out to Microsoft for comment and will certainly update this story as soon as we hear back from them. For now, keep hope alive that Microsoft will finally wise up and decide to release Microsoft Office onto additional mobile platforms.RELATED
- Nokia's New Video Highlights How The Lumia 1520 Was Made Using Recycled CDs
- Samsung Expected To Unveil Up To 5 Devices In Q1 2014 [Rumor]
- Samsung Patent Might Hint At Galaxy S5's Design
- YotaPhone Launched For €499
- Samsung SM-G900S Spotted In Benchmarks, Could Be The Galaxy S5
- Follow: Android, iOS, Microsoft, microsoft office, windows phone,
- Seen at: mac4ever