The Mitsubishi Outlander is a plug-in hybrid that will go on sale in the Land of the Rising Sun from January 24th next year onwards. It will be powered by the Plug-in Hybrid EV System powertrain that is derived from Mitsubishi’s range of electric vehicles (EVs), making this the first plug-in hybrid SUV in the world. This groundbreaking new model is said to deliver superior environmental performance as well as quietness of an EV, not to mention having the stability and handling of a 4WD, as well as the practicality of an SUV.
It is said to boast of a cruising range of 60.2km (which is measured using Japan’s JC08 mode), which means it ought to do well as an EV in majority of everyday situations. Not only that, it also boasts of a total cruising range that places it on a par with internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles (897km at JC08 mode), which would place it alongside traditional SUV usage including long-distance travel and outdoor and leisure activities. We do hope to see this bad boy appear in the US soon, at an affordable price point, too.
Next Story: Windows 8 ‘Complaints App Done Away With
- 2013-11-18: Mitsubishi Reveals Multi-modal Character-Input Interface For Chinese Language Car Navigation Systems
- 2013-11-18: Mitsubishi EMIRAI 2 Concept Car To Go On Display At Tokyo Motor Show
- 2013-10-03: Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-02: Mitsubishi 100Gbps Optical Network Interconnect
- 2013-10-02: Mitsubishi 4K LaserVue LCD TV