Are you in the market at the moment for a spanking new Ultrabook? If you have answered in the affirmative, then you might be interested to pick up something that is slightly different from the usual suspects that are Lenovo, Dell, Samsung and Toshiba. Ever considered what MSI is able to conjure up? Well, assuming you have $1100 thereabouts to spare, you might want to make a pit stop for the MSI S20 Ultrabook that does seem to resemble a somewhat chunky tablet at first glance, that is, until you slide out the keyboard from under the display. Doing so will make it resemble more like a notebook with a screen that has been locked in place at an approximately 45 degree angle.
First shown off this summer to the masses, the MSI S20 is up for pre-order from ExcaliberPC for $1099, where there are also whispers of it being shipped in Europe for around €999. Underneath the hood of the MSI S20, you will find an Intel Core i5-3317U processor, an 11.6” 1920 x 1080 pixel IPS display, 4GB RAM, and a 128GB SSD, accompanied by a couple of USB 3.0 ports and a mini HDMI port among others. I find it rather difficult to call this an Ultrabook considering the 2kg plus weight though.
Next Story: Beam Telepresence Robot
- 2014-03-09: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro Gaming Laptop Unveiled At CeBIT
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-09-25: MSI GT70 20K And GT60 20J Mobile Workstations Announced
- 2013-09-20: MSI W20 Windows 8 Tablet Runs On AMD Processor
- 2013-08-05: MSI GS70 Is Thinnest And Lightest 17” Gaming Notebook