When the Nokia Lumia 920 was announced with its wireless charging capabilities, Nokia also revealed that there will be some places in which wireless chargers will be embedded into the tables, allowing customers to charge their phones wirelessly while enjoying a cup of coffee. The good news for those living in Russia is that it looks like wireless chargers for the Lumia 920 have started to show up in a café called the Red Espresso. This was confirmed via a press release from Nokia Russia. This is also pretty good news as it looks like Nokia is interested in offering its wireless charging service outside of the US, and hopefully it will prove popular enough that it will eventually make its way around the world.
Personally I think that wireless charging is somewhat of a novelty. After all if I am at home, plugging my phone to my charger via a cable isn’t that much of a hassle, although if I were outside, the ability to charge my phone without having to bring my charger with me while I enjoy my cup of coffee would be greatly appreciated. It also sounds pretty handy for those running low on power but don’t have a charger with them. What do you guys think? Does wireless charging make more sense at home or on the outside?
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-01-30: Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13: Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29: Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11: AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-09-30: AT&T's Lumia 920 Amber Update Will Arrive In The Coming Weeks