Not to be outdone with Microsoft’s very own Xbox Store, Sony is now secretly launching a new online store called the Sony Entertainment Network, and it is basically for movies, TV shows, and games. The new online store recently went live earlier today, although Sony has yet to release an official statement confirming the launch. The content pricing on the Sony Entertainment Network appears to match the pricing on the PlayStation Store as well as other Sony digital shops.
It even accepts payments via PayPal and credit card. Meanwhile, purchased content will be automatically downloaded to the device by adjusting the settings in “Account Management.” Over at the PlayStation blog, blog manager Fred Dutton explains why Sony made no announcements about it. “Regarding that – we are testing a new web store, which we look forward to announcing and launching to the PlayStation/Sony community shortly,” Dutton said.
Next Story: YouTube Gets New Look & Improved Guide Feature
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-02-04 Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03 PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21 PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08 DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-12-11 Sony Patent Suggests Updated Move Controller