If you happen to own the HTC 8X and are a subscriber of T-Mobile, then chances are pretty good that since 50 minutes or so ago, you might have noticed that the “Portico” update for Windows Phone 8 has just been pushed out. Earlier this morning, we reported that T-Mobile has pulled the plug on the Windows Phone 8 Portico update for the HTC 8X, and you could say that this is one of the more abrupt U-turns in recent memory, after T-Mobile announced that they will be pulling out from the Portico update because some last minute “tweaks” needed to be made.
Fears were running high that this could eventually stretch to a wait of several weeks, as Microsoft, T-Mobile and HTC find a way to work around on the “tweaks”. Good to know that this is one of the shortest waits ever, as T-Mobile and Microsoft seemed to have taken a mere 24 hours to get the job done, and pushing out the update to subscribers everywhere. You can see if your area has gotten the Portico update push by going to Settings > Phone Update and perform a manual check.
Next Story: Oppo Find 5 Gives Europe A Miss
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-09-04: HTC 8X On T-Mobile Receiving Windows Phone GDR2 Update
- 2013-07-19: T-Mobile's HTC 8X Will Receive GDR2 Update 22nd July
- 2012-12-20: T-Mobile pulls plug on HTC 8X Windows Phone update