You know the saying – if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Having said that, I am quite sure that most of us would agree that the evolution of the humble toaster stopped a long time ago, with only newer designs being the only thing that is “exciting” whenever a new model appears. This could be why there is no fanfare for a new toaster being released by consumer electronics giants, and inventor Basheer Tome intends to amend this pitiful situation with his Hue toaster. The Hue toaster is touted to be the smartest toaster that you have ever come across. Tome figured out that toasters are not the brightest bulb on the block, and for example, one toaster will burn your bread at level 5, while a different model might need you to drop the bread twice in order to get the job done.
The Hue toaster is different from them all, as it relies on photo sensors in order to determine the different kind of color of the bread as it toasts, and once it has arrived at the pre-selected level of “doneness”, it will pop up, ready and waiting for you to slather butter and your favorite raspberry preserve all over. If that ain’t smart, I don’t know what is.
Next Story: Enjoy A Moon Holiday By 2020
- 2013-04-04: Domo Toaster
- 2012-12-06: The Hue Toaster Ensures The Perfect Toast Every Time
- 2012-09-24: Toaster tells the weather while popping you breakfast
- 2011-03-04: Breville VTT296 radio toaster keeps you entertained in the kitchen
- 2011-01-02: XToaster360: Xbox 360 crammed into a toaster, still plays games
- 2010-10-26: Concept: Halo Toaster Wrap