Toshiba has just introduced the Toshiba Excite 10 SE, an 10″ tablet running on Android 4.1 aka “Jelly Bean”. Inside, users will find an NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and 16GB of storage which can be supplemented by a microSD memory card. This particular model is WiFi-only and there is no word about a 3G model at this point. Given that the tablet costs ($350), Toshiba may want to keep the production line making a single model to streamline things.
The tablet also features two cameras: a 3 Megapixel one in the rear, and a 720p camera in the front (Toshiba says “HD”) along with SRS Premium Voice Pro stereo speakers. Software-wise, Android 4.1 has been launched since July, and if you forgot, it brings a faster user interface (“butter smooth”, says Google), re-sizable widgets, a better predictive keyboard, offline voice dictation, better notifications and better camera app, among many other things.
Although the pricing is pretty aggressive, Toshiba will have to compete with the newly release Google Nexus 10, which is currently the top-of-the line Android tablet, designed by Google and manufactured by Samsung.
Next Story: Android Kids Tablet Fuhu Nabi Jr Launched
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16 Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27 Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19 Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2013-01-31 Toshiba Will Be Among The First To Use Tegra 4, Says Report