We’ve just received word that Verizon will deploy the Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean (Android 4.1+) update for is customers starting from tomorrow. Now, you may have to be patient because the update will happen in “phases”, and there’s no way to tell which phase your Samsung Galaxy S3 will be in. That said, everyone should have it within a week from what we understand.
You can read all the details about Jelly Bean, aka Android 4.1+ in our previous coverage, but basically, the update features a much faster user interface, a better keyboard, offline capabilities for the voice dictation and Google Now which is a digital assistant. Samsung has also added camera improvements of its own by adding easy-to-use filters to spruce up your photos without requiring an Instagram-like app. If you’ve never updated your Samsung Galaxy S3, here’s how to do it.
Next Story: Facebook For Android 2.0 Aims For Speed
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2013-12-18 Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-06-12 Verizon Pulls Samsung Galaxy S3 Update Due To Connectivity Issues
- 2013-04-10 Verizon Slashes Samsung Galaxy S3 Price Before Galaxy S4 Announcement
- 2012-11-02 Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update leaked
- 2012-10-18 Samsung Galaxy S3 available for $100 on contract from Sprint and Verizon