Last week, we caught a glimpse of Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs in the upcoming biopic, jOBS. Judging by his performance, we though Kutcher stuck on a beard, studied Jobs’ mannerisms and performed his best impersonation Apple’s most iconic CEO. It turns out Kutcher did a little bit more to prepare for his role as Steve Jobs as Kutcher followed Jobs’ fruitarian diet, and ended up hospitalized due to it.
Speaking with USA Today during jOBS’ Sundance premiere this past Friday, Kutcher spoke of the diet, which consisted of eating only fruits, nuts and seeds, and said he ended up in the hospital with pancreatic problems.
“First of all, the fruitarian diet can lead to, like, severe issues. I went to the hospital like two days before we started shooting the movie. I was like doubled over in pain. My pancreas levels were completely out of whack. It was really terrifying … considering everything.”
Considering Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer in October 2011, we’re sure Kutcher was concerned for his safety after following the fruitarian diet. Hopefully preparing himself for his role in jOBS didn’t do any permanent long term damage.
- 2014-03-20: Steve Jobs Movie Cast May Include Christian Bale In The Lead
- 2014-03-17: Steve Jobs Quotes App Rejected By Apple
- 2014-03-16: Steve Jobs Told Apple Execs That Company Won't Release HDTV
- 2014-02-26: Steve Jobs Movie Might Be Directed By David Fincher
- 2014-02-12: Steve Jobs’ Lisa Computer Mouse Recovered From Time Capsule
- 2013-08-18: jOBS Biopic Does Not Do As Well As Expected
- 2013-07-03: 'Jobs' Film's Official Movie Poster Debuts
- 2013-06-12: jOBS Biopic Starring Ashton Kutcher Releasing On 16th August
- 2013-03-18: Jobs Biopic Starring Ashton Kutcher Release Delayed
- 2013-01-24: First Clip Of jOBS Biopic Released Starring Ashton Kutcher As Steve Jobs