It seems that Facebook is starting to roll-out a new and unannounced feature that brings in a new single-column design for Timelines. Apparently, some users in New Zealand were able to spot the new feature which, according to them, has since gone live yesterday. One of them is New Zealand-based writer Owen Williams who managed to grab a couple of screenshots for the world to see. As seen above, the thread for status updates can be seen only in the left-side column.
The screenshots also reveal that the left side column has been slightly enlarged to put emphasis on messages. As noted by The Next Web, the right portion of the Timeline is now smaller – i.e. the Friends box in now 3 x 3 instead of 2 x 4. The right corner also displays the list of friends, recent activity, and other updates. TNW tried to ask Facebook for a statement, but the company only said that it has no other details to share right now.
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations