Apparently Google’s very own Trekkers have been busy mapping the entire world. Google announced that Google Earth now includes more than 100,000 new tours and 1 million photos via Tour Guide. These are now available on Google Earth for Android, iOS, and the desktop. “Today’s update adds over 100,000 new tours of popular sites, cities and places across 200 countries, as well as enhancements to existing tours,” Google said.
Google Earth users can also expect new and richer tours combined with 3D flyovers, as well as Wikipedia snippets. How cool is that? That’s not all though, as for the first time, more than 1 million user-generated Panoramio photos are also include in in order to create an immersive and educational exploration of some of the world’s most favorited places. Basically each tour will end with a selection of photo thumbnails that have been selected from Panoramio. They are based according to the best representation of a given place. A simple click on the thumbnails will enable a full screen photo experience.
Next Story: WSJ: PS4 Coming On February 20th
- 2013-06-26 Google Maps Earth View Goes Cloud-Free
- 2013-06-10 Google Earth Improves Ocean Viewing Experience
- 2013-05-07 YouTube Trends Map Displays Most Popular Videos Based On Region, Gender, Age
- 2013-04-22 Leap Motion And Google Earth Are Now In Cahoots
- 2013-03-12 MagicPlan Maps Out Your Home From Your Smartphone
- 2013-01-21 Google Earth Used To Pinpoint North Korean Labor Camps