In the world of social media, there’s no doubt Facebook is the absolute king of complete time wasters, which leaves a number of people interested in social media wondering what service follows Facebook. A new report published by Trendstream may surprise you to who exactly is following Facebook in the amount of active users it has.
In Trendstream’s Global Web Index, the fourth quarter of 2012 ended with Facebook having nearly 700 million active users, with second place going to Google+ with 343 million active users. This is extremely surprising news as I’m sure everyone wrote off Google’s attempt at a social network platform a long time ago.
YouTube clocked into the number three spot, although some social media users may question the inclusion of the service in their rankings as we’re sure many of you don’t feel like the service should be considered a social media platform.
Fans of Twitter are probably heart broken to see their platform of choice come into the fourth spot on Trendstream’s report with 288 million active users. What’s probably more heart breaking is the fact Google+ is currently outranking Twitter in the number of active users it has, although we’re sure the actual amount of users subscribed to both platforms is a completely different story.
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2014-03-18: MH370 Links On Social Networks Spreading Malware
- 2013-11-19: Social Media Experiment Proves How Easy It Is To Find Out Things About A Total Stranger
- 2013-09-25: Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake Show Us How Silly #Hashtags Really Are
- 2013-08-29: New YouTube Logo Makes Its Way To Service's YouTube, Twitter Profiles
- 2010-12-09: Proctor & Gamble Turns to Facebook, YouTube After Soap Opera Era