[CES 2013] We’re not entirely sure why recent bluetooth conference call speakerphones seem are often shaped like UFOs, but who are we to comment on design choices of accessory manufacturers as we’re sure they have a good reason to create such futuristic speakerphones. ION is another manufacturer who thought their new bluetooth conference call speakerphone would benefit from a UFO design.
ION’s Talking Point is a conference call station for mobile phones whose microphone captures voices from any angle, which we’re sure is exactly why they decided for a UFO design. The Talking Point’s speaker is top-facing, which makes it easy for users to listen to the call as well as communicate clearly.
The Talking Point has a minimalist design that is highlighted by touch-sensitive controls where you can simply place your finger on top of the control, and the Talking Point will perform the action without needing you to push down your finger. You’ll be able to higher or lower the volume, mute the call, change Bluetooth devices and answer / end the call.
ION’s Talking Point will be available this June for $149.99 and will come in two colors: white and black.
Next Story: HP Pavilion 20xi to 27xi IPS LCD Monitors
- 2014-04-11: DataBeat - Using Data To Ignite Growth
- 2014-04-09: Wearable Wednesday SF: Avoiding Traps When Building Wearable Hardware April 16
- 2014-03-04: French Tech Club, 9-11 March at SXSW in Austin
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Beacon Home Network Storage
- 2013-12-19: The Wearable Technology Show 2014
- 2013-12-05: Often copied, never equaled – the Wearable Technologies Conference is back in Munich on January 27 and 28!
- 2013-05-16: How Ubergizmo Prepares For CES: A Chat With David Spark
- 2013-01-06: ION Clipster Makes Your Bluetooth Speaker Wearable
- 2013-01-06: ION Party Rocker Plays Music Wirelessly While Projecting Colorful Patterns