LG Electronics has just announced that they have started to receive pre-orders for its highly anticipated 55-inch class (54.6-inch diagonal) WRGB OLED TV (also known as Model 55EM9700) in South Korea later this month, and deliveries are tipped to start from February onwards, just in time for the Chinese Lunar New Year. There will be other markets where this LG OLED TV will be made available, although these will be revealed in the weeks to come alongside their respective sticker price tags.
Each of these behemoths will cost around $10,000 after conversion, and LG intends to use this opportunity to take the lead when it comes to the OLED TV segment, where it is tipped to grow to 7.2 million units by the time 2016 rolls around. Tipping the scales at under 10 kilograms (!) and measuring a mere 4mm thin, this is no TV to have around children who are given a free rein to run around the house and playing tag or soccer. [Press Release]
Next Story: iPhone 6 Tested By Apple?
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-02-10 LG 55 Inch OLED TV Price Slashed In Half
- 2013-08-11 Samsung Curved OLED TVs Get Cheaper
- 2013-07-22 LG Curved OLED TV Achieves THX Display Certification
- 2013-07-22 LG Sells Curved OLED TV In The US
- 2013-05-19 LG Display Shows Off Curved 55” OLED TV And 5” Plastic OLED Panels