[CES 2013] Olympus has several rugged cameras as part of their CES 2013 lineup, and one of them is the STYLUS TOUGH TG-630 iHS, which as you can see in the photo above, looks like it will be able to withstand a fair amount of abuse and continue operating like nothing was wrong. If you’re the sort of person who is particularly adventurous and participates in rugged sports, or maybe work in an environment where you’ll need a camera that can take a drop or a dip in the water, then perhaps the TG-630 iHS could be worth taking a look at. Featuring a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor, it might not have the same megapixel count compared to other compact cameras, but then again we suspect that customers who go for the TG-630 iHS are probably more interested in its ruggedness.
This ruggedness comes in the form of being waterproof up to depths of 10m, shockproof from drops up to 2m, freezeproof for those who are work in environments which are particularly cold, and dustproof. The STYLUS TOUGH TG-630 iHS will come with a TruePic VI image processor and will also support Full HD 1080p quality video. Based on its specs and apart from the megapixel count, the TG-630 iHS reminds us of the SZ-16 where it also features some scene modes such as Hand-Held Starlight and HDR. It also comes with Smart Panorama and since the TG-630 iHS could be used during sporting events, it will also be able to capture a series of photos at high-speeds so that you won’t miss out on the moment. Available in March in White, Red, Black, and Blue, the Olympus STYLUS TOUGH TG-630 iHS will be priced at $199.99.
For a complete list of specifications, visit the Olympus website: www.getolympus.com
Next Story: Moshi Mythro Earbuds
- 2014-04-14: Hawkeye Crime Surveillance System Tested, Proves Effective
- 2014-03-31: Motorcycle Is Actually A Camera
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-03-18: Tiny Camera Captures Aorta Selfies
- 2014-02-26: Corephotonics Offers Dual Lens Smartphone Camera Possibility
- 2013-01-08: Olympus Stylus SH-50 iHS Point-And-Shoot Camera Announced With 5-Axis Video Stabilization
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS SZ-15 Camera Unveiled
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS SZ-16 iHS Unveiled With 24x Long Zoom and 16MP CMOS Sensor
- 2013-01-07: Olympus Unveils Flagship Rugged Camera STYLUS TOUGH TG-2 iHS
- 2012-01-09: Olympus Tough TG-320