Before the new year, we reported that according to analytics company Chitika, Apple’s iPad continued to reign supreme by dominating tablet web traffic at 87%. However Chitika noted that these figures were taken before the holidays where tablets were presumably bought and given as gifts and promised to return to the figures. Well it looks like the company kept to their word and according to their latest figures, it looks like Apple’s iPad took a hit and web traffic has since dropped by 7.14%, putting the iPad at 78.86%. Granted this is still a pretty huge chunk of the market, if this trend continues it would certainly lend credibility to the claims that the iPad is slowly losing its grip to cheaper competitors from Android such as the Google Nexus 7 and the Amazon Kindle Fire HD. In the meantime what do you guys think? Are you noticing more people receiving non-iPad tablets as gifts during the Christmas holiday, or do you think that cheaper and more affordable Android alternatives will eventually consume more of the iPad’s market share?
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad