Just like your car, online gaming networks and services, too, require maintenance from time to time, and the same applies to Sony’s PlayStation Network – or PSN for short. Sony has just announced that in their continued efforts to deliver the best online games experience on PSN, they will be performing a routing maintenance from the morning of this Thursday at approximately 8:00AM PT (9:00AM MT / 10:00AM CT / 11:00 AM ET) and last until around 8:00PM PT (9:00PM MT / 10:00PM CT / 11:00PM ET). Needless to say, during these time periods, you will most probably receive a maintenance notification should you attempt to access your PSN account.
Take note that both the PlayStation Store and Account Management will not be available throughout the maintenance period, although you will still be able to make your way through to online play and apps assuming you signed into PlayStation Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. A necessary evil, folks, nothing to be alarmed of.
- 2013-12-16 Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Being Pulled From PSN, XBLA
- 2013-12-01 PSN Suspends Redemption Of Vouchers
- 2013-11-28 Sony To Switch Off Certain PSN Features Ahead Of PS4 Launch In Europe
- 2013-11-26 Some North American PSN Passwords Reset After ‘Irregular Activity’ Detected
- 2013-11-07 PSN Scheduled Maintenance Occurring For Seven Hours Today