Following the release of SkyDrive on Windows 8 and Windows RT last year, Microsoft is announcing today an update to the service that basically brings some changes to how users will see SkyDrive from their Start screen. The major update now lets the SkyDrive app from the Windows Store show up notifications on the live tile each time a new file is added to the service. Each time new files are added, the app tile will also show the relevant details.
For example, adding a document will display the document name as well as the time when it was added and its corresponding folder. The same is true with photos. Adding photos will also show the photos and their details on the tiles. Today’s update makes the SkyDrive app even more useful as it now gives users a glance of what is going on in the app. Additionally, the new live tile also enhances the Start Screen, making it more alive and personal. Microsoft plans to roll out the update today, so just sit back and relax.
- 2014-04-08 Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-02-10 OneDrive Launch To Entice Users With Free Storage
- 2014-01-27 Microsoft Introduces OneDrive As A SkyDrive Rebrand
- 2013-12-22 Microsoft's Early Christmas Present: 20GB Of Free SkyDrive Storage For WP users
- 2013-11-25 Microsoft Might Rename SkyDrive To 'NewDrive'
- 2013-11-21 SkyDrive For iOS Updated With Automatic Photo Uploads
- 2012-12-03 SkyDrive.com Cloud Music Player In The Works? [Rumor]
- 2012-08-28 SkyDrive App For Android Finally Arrives
- 2011-12-13 SkyDrive app for iOS and Windows Phone released
- 2010-06-08 Office Web Apps Now Live On SkyDrive