Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed series has been doing very well for the company, especially its latest version, Assassin’s Creed 3. A new piece of downloadable content is expected to start rolling out for the game later this month, but we’re already hearing about the next chapter in the Assassin’s Creed series.
During Ubisoft’s scheduled third-quarter earnings call earlier today, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot announced a new Assassin’s Creed title will be coming sometime during the company’s 2014 fiscal year.
“We are delighted and proud to announce today that in financial year ’14, we will introduce an all-new Assassin’s Creed hero, within an all new team and time period, and we expect it to be another major leap forward for the franchise. It is the benefit of multiple teams working on multiple chapters of the product, each getting several years to make their versions of an Assassin’s Creed game.”
Additional details concerning the next Assassin’s Creed title are expected to be shared “very soon.”
A new Assassin’s Creed title with a new hero and time period are great news as we couldn’t deal with Ubisoft releasing additional versions of Assassin’s Creed 3, similar to how it released three games revolving around Assassin’s Creed 2. Hopefully Ubisoft was paying attention to the recent rise of Assassin’s Creed fan art focusing on a Chinese setting as we feel that would make a great addition to the series.RELATED
- Microsoft Having Active Discussions About Gears Of War's Future
- NVIDIA Exec Thinks PC Gaming Is Superior To Consoles
- Killzone Shadow Fall Patch 1.05 Makes Changes To Single Player Campaign
- Australia, New Zealand PS4 Launch Sees Couple Of PSN Features Disabled Temporarily
- Sony Pictures Registered The Last Of Us Movie Domain
- Follow: assassin's creed, assassin's creed 4, ubisoft,