As rich as Google is, it is nice to know that the company remains prudent in their spending. Case in point? The Internet search giant has said that they will no longer host an official Android booth over at this year’s Mobile World Congress that will be held in Barcelona, Spain, later this year. Previous editions of MWC saw Google’s awesome Android booth, where it boasted of slides and smoothie bars (frozen yogurt just to get a better idea), alongside everything else that has a ‘fun’ factor attached to Google’s mobile operating system. Well, bummer for 2013, as Google France has confirmed that they will no longer set up an official Android booth for this year’s edition.
Still, members of the Android team from Google will still make a beeline for MWC as a show of support to Android’s partners. Google France’s straight reply when approached about Android’s presence at MWC? “I can confirm that indeed [...] we will not have a booth at MWC this year. However, the Android team will be present in Barcelona to support its partners”.
Next Story: Solar-Powered iPhone Highlighted In Apple Patent
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-02-26 WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-01-26 Red Nexus 5 Picture Leaks, Apparently Releasing Next Month
- 2010-02-17 MOTOROI Hands-On
- 2010-02-17 BYD Snaptop concept smartbook powered by Snapdragon
- 2010-02-17 Acer BeTouch E400 Android Phone