BlackBerry 10 is meant to be the messianic operating system for the company formerly known as RIM (all right, enough Prince references for now, we shall just call a spade a spade; BlackBerry), but a lot of that vision will also depend on famous development houses rolling out compatible apps for the new BlackBerry 10 platform. So far, BlackBerry World already has luminaries such as Skype, Facebook, Twitter and Angry Birds Star Wars, with others due to arrive as well, but a major name remains off the list – that is, Instagram. Yes sir, Instagram with over 90 million users using it each month, has been seen by certain quarters to be a deal breaking for not jumping over to the BlackBerry 10 platform.
It makes sense really, considering how BlackBerry has decided to adopt a fresh and younger approach to their recently released smartphones, and to lack a native BlackBerry 10 app for Instagram is not cool at all. Guess BlackBerry Z10 owners who used to Instagram loads on their previous Android handset might find this news a bit hard to swallow. Is it a deal breaker for you?
Next Story: Russian Ostrich Robot Costs Only $1,500 To Build
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-09-26: Instagram For BlackBerry Will Not Be Arriving Anytime Soon
- 2013-05-14: Instagram For Blackberry Announcement Might Be Imminent
- 2013-03-19: Sideloaded Instagram On BlackBerry Z10? Don't Sign Out!