I know when I was a kid, I did dig my heels into this book known as “The Giant Book of Fantastic Facts”, and there were recorded instances of humans spontaneously combusting, although the clothes that they were wearing were not even singed one bit. Well, the modern day equivalent of such phenomena has thankfully not involved humans, but rather, smartphones, such as the Apple iPhone 4S in particular. Shibani Bhujle, a marketing manager in New York City, claims that her one year old white iPhone 4S spontaneously combusted and just like H.R. Giger’s Alien, began to ooze acid which subsequently burnt her fingers.
Bhujle said, “My iPhone was on a coffee table and randomly the power went off,” and when she tried to turn it hot, the device was already heating up, before the battery started to melt with liquid oozing out. She then went over to an Apple Store with hopes of resolving this issue, and even to obtain a replacement iPhone 4S, but needless to say, her efforts were turned down by the folks at Apple. Do you think that she has a legit case to pursue?
Next Story: Microsoft Surface Pro Appears On Best Buy
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08: Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23: Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]
- 2012-07-05: iPhone 4S mod adds built-in wireless charging
- 2012-03-05: iPhone 4S and China Mobile are best buddies again, SIM card issue fixed
- 2012-02-05: China's iPhone 4S sales resume online
- 2012-01-15: iPhone 4S without camera in Singapore