If you read our story this morning reporting on the upcoming availability of the iPhone 5′s first untethered jailbreak and have been sitting at your computer for the past nine hours waiting for the jailbreak to be released, that sitting around has paid off as planetbeing has just announced its availability.
Linux, Mac and Windows users will all be able to benefit from the glory of the evaders’ evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak as box.net, MEGA and RapidShare are being used to mirror the jailbreak software.
The requirements for the jailbreak are pretty standard if you’ve jailbroken your iOS devices in the past. You’ll need a computer, and iOS device running at least iOS 6 and a USB cable to connect your iOS device to your computer. evad3rs is also recommending users back up their iOS devices, disable the lock passcode and to not us your iOS device or iTunes until evasi0n is complete.
Of course, the benefit of this jailbreak is the fact that it’s an untethered jailbreak, which means any changes you make to your iOS device won’t require you to connect it to your computer to use again. I learned this the hard way once when I went on a weekend getaway to have my jailbroken iPhone be completely inaccessible due to it rebooting on me.
Next Story: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-03-04: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-11: Vodafone Advises iPhone Users To Not Update To iOS 6.1
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days
- 2013-02-07: FullForce Jailbreak Tweak Stretches Out iPhone 4/4S Apps For The iPhone 5
- 2012-10-01: Jailbreak for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 not expected for months