Finding an Apple Store is pretty easy these days, especially if you live near a major city. The Microsoft Store, on the other hand, have been quite hard to find seeing as there’s only 29 of them open across the U.S. Finding a Microsoft Store might be slightly less difficult now that Microsoft is announcing it will be introducing even more stores in the U.S. sometime this year.
The Microsoft Stores the company plans to open will be in the following locations:
- Natick Mall, Natick, Massachusetts
- Ala Moana Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Pioneer Place, Portland, Oregon
- The Somerset Collection, Troy, Michigan
- Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois
Microsoft announced six new U.S. stores opening in 2013 back in late December, which makes the total of Microsoft Stores being planned to open this year to 11 new stores. Factoring in the 29 stores that are currently open, at the end of 2013, Microsoft is planning to have a total of 40 stores open.
Even though Microsoft is pushing more stores to open, we hope they decide to make the Microsoft Surface available outside of its own retail stores, or they could face another quarter of them not selling as well as the company would probably like.
- Amazon Flow Integration: AR To Build Your Shopping List
- Grocery Stores In The US To Incorporate iBeacon Technology
- Amazon Saw 426 Items Being Sold Per Second During 2013 Holiday Season
- Target Denies That Bank PINs Were Compromised In Hack
- Amazon Launching Pantry In 2014 To Take On Costco, Sam's Club [Report]