Finding an Apple Store is pretty easy these days, especially if you live near a major city. The Microsoft Store, on the other hand, have been quite hard to find seeing as there’s only 29 of them open across the U.S. Finding a Microsoft Store might be slightly less difficult now that Microsoft is announcing it will be introducing even more stores in the U.S. sometime this year.
The Microsoft Stores the company plans to open will be in the following locations:
- Natick Mall, Natick, Massachusetts
- Ala Moana Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Pioneer Place, Portland, Oregon
- The Somerset Collection, Troy, Michigan
- Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois
Microsoft announced six new U.S. stores opening in 2013 back in late December, which makes the total of Microsoft Stores being planned to open this year to 11 new stores. Factoring in the 29 stores that are currently open, at the end of 2013, Microsoft is planning to have a total of 40 stores open.
Even though Microsoft is pushing more stores to open, we hope they decide to make the Microsoft Surface available outside of its own retail stores, or they could face another quarter of them not selling as well as the company would probably like.
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2013-11-08: Get Your Hands On The Xbox One At Microsoft Retail Stores Starting Today
- 2013-10-01: Microsoft Surface Boss Promises Multiple Sizes And Aspect Ratios
- 2013-09-23: Hands-On: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review
- 2013-06-04: Microsoft Surface RT Tablet Spotted In Ghost In The Shell Anime
- 2013-05-02: Smaller Microsoft Surface Expected To Be Announced In June [Rumor]